Students applying for the Fire Academy must be at least 18 years old prior to the first day of the course. Students are expected to have the math and language skills of a high school graduate.
Fire Academy Students must provide a legible copy of their:
- High school diploma or equivalent GED
- Current driver’s license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) card which was issued within 6 months of the start of the EMT course.
- Current Basic First Aid or better certification
- Provide a valid and current Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with National Testing Network
- Verification of Health Insurance
- Signed Hold Harmless Form